From: BDH on
> Use better data structures. Don't sort.

Inconsistent instructions.

> >I just spent hours waiting on a suffix array because my
> >computer is badly designed. Why?
>
> The instructure it takes to make computers. You are working with the
> wrong computers.

You use what kind?

From: Eugene Miya on
>> Use better data structures. Don't sort.

In article <1161994826.894295.83750(a)e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,
BDH <bhauth(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Inconsistent instructions.

You can tell a programmer's perspective when their view of
data structures are arrays. And that's not just my observation.

>> >I just spent hours waiting on a suffix array because my
>> >computer is badly designed. Why?
>>
>> The instructure it takes to make computers. You are working with the
>> wrong computers.
>
>You use what kind?

The kind I use is irrelevant, PCs, Macs, SUNs, SGIs, Crays, etc.
You want to design your own.

From: BDH on
> >> Use better data structures. Don't sort.
>
> >Inconsistent instructions.
>
> You can tell a programmer's perspective when their view of
> data structures are arrays. And that's not just my observation.

Your data structures are just arrays your computer makes from other
arrays. The best ones are based on sorting.

> >> You are working with the
> >> wrong computers.
> >
> >You use what kind?
>
> The kind I use is irrelevant, PCs, Macs, SUNs, SGIs, Crays, etc.
> You want to design your own.

If I had a couple billion I would have better uses than building a fab.

From: Eugene Miya on
>> You can tell a programmer's perspective when their view of
>> data structures are arrays. And that's not just my observation.

In article <1162280826.130349.50090(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
BDH <bhauth(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Your data structures are just arrays your computer makes from other
>arrays. The best ones are based on sorting.

Computer memory can be seen that way; but the software for indexing can
be used in non-numeric ways (semi-numeric).

>> You want to design your own.
>
>If I had a couple billion I would have better uses than building a fab.

Then you have to be satisified with Moose turd pie.
Or find someone elses facilities.

From: Del Cecchi on
Eugene Miya wrote:

>>>You can tell a programmer's perspective when their view of
>>>data structures are arrays. And that's not just my observation.
>

> In article <1162280826.130349.50090(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
> BDH <bhauth(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Your data structures are just arrays your computer makes from other
>>arrays. The best ones are based on sorting.
>

> Computer memory can be seen that way; but the software for indexing can
> be used in non-numeric ways (semi-numeric).

>>>You want to design your own.
>>
>>If I had a couple billion I would have better uses than building a fab.
>

> Then you have to be satisified with Moose turd pie.
> Or find someone elses facilities.

Now Eugene, he doesn't need a few billion. He can design his own and
get help with the gory details, as well as access to a world class fab
for much less than a few billion.

I would be happy to facilitate the transaction. A few million as
starters would be sufficient.

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn?t necessarily represent IBM?s positions,