From: Legend-11 on
My Toshiba L450D--11V laptop (Windows 7 Premium 64bit) got the mother of
all viruses over the weekend, and nearly all the authorities I consulted
on it said it was a particularly bad one, and advised to perform a
factory settings recovery procedure from the recovery partition, which I
promptly did.

Everything is now back to normal...except for one thing - when my laptop
resumes from sleep or hibernation, my Wifi no longer automatically
connects.....despite my ticking the 'connect automatically' box, and
ticking the two other boxes in the properties of my wifi settings that
say 'connect even if SSID is not being broadcast' (or words to that
effect), and a second box in that bit that also instructs it to connect
automatically, and my password is stored fine too. I currently have to
manually connect each time the system resumes, which is a nightmare
(memories of dial-up). Could anyone possibly help me to put this right,
please, as it used to always connect straight away. I've tried updating
the driver....it was already up to date.

Many thanks.
--
Legend-11

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Some problematic Wireless cards do not reconnected because of issues in
their drivers.
Most do. However you have to make sure that it configured to connect auto to
a proffered SSID, your proffered list is clean and contain only your
preferred SSID, and the SSID has to be Broadcasting.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).