From: The Moose on

Hi Froggie - I tried replying to one of your postings, but not sure if
it went through or not. Anyway, I think you're doing great things
here. I have been a devout user of Eudora ever since I've had email
and I just bought 2 new computers and would like to install 7.1.0.9 on
them. I would pay if I could, but as we know, that is impossible. I
was wondering if you could provide me with some codes for the
following names?

Seamus Fitzgerald
Jim Fitzgerald

Many thanks in advance!

-The Moose

P.S. (To everyone out there) Also, I understand I will need the X1 DLL
to do the X1 search with 7.1.0.9...any tips on where I can find it and
how to install it? Thanks again!

From: John H Meyers on
As an FYI for general interest,
re obtaining personal registation codes for Eudora:

o No one but the user of the program ever sees the "registered name"
or code, and then only if displaying "Help" | "About Eudora" or "Pay & Reg"

The name and/or code are not, for example, inserted into any normal email.

o Eudora does not "phone home" with any "activation" system
to try uniquely identifying the computer on which it is running,
nor attempt to limit any one code's use to any one computer
(nor count the users of "site license" codes).

It is therefore not necessary to use different codes on different computers,
and any code you ever see can be used by anyone (or everyone).

With the sole exception of the built in "web search" function
(which routes all searches via "jump.eudora.com"),
the Eudora program therefore does not depend on Eudora's
remaining in business and continually operating servers,
nor upon your continually connecting to the internet
(except to send and receive mail :)

Companies releasing new software often package it
so that you are just a "renter," always dependent upon the vendor
even for permission to keep using the program,
but Eudora was actually "sold" to you, for unlimited use
in perpetuity (or as long as Windows and Internet mail continue
to work as now), "final" versions even releasing the user
from needing to view ads in the "Sponsored" mode,
unencumbered by any such "rights management" system.

One of Froggie's earlier brief appearances:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/8e9ecedef1f62e51

From: Froggie the Gremlin on
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:55:52 -0700 (PDT), The Moose
<googlegroups.20.111(a)spamgourmet.com> wrotd:

>Hi Froggie - I tried replying to one of your postings, but not sure if
>it went through or not. Anyway, I think you're doing great things
>here. I have been a devout user of Eudora ever since I've had email
>and I just bought 2 new computers and would like to install 7.1.0.9 on
>them. I would pay if I could, but as we know, that is impossible. I
>was wondering if you could provide me with some codes for the
>following names?
>
>Seamus Fitzgerald
>Jim Fitzgerald
>
>Many thanks in advance!
>
>-The Moose

<lurk, lurk... lurk, lurk>

Seamus Fitzgerald: 4608749583331068
Jim Fitzgerald: 4184224783332071

HAND!!

---<ribbit>

From: The Moose on

> <lurk, lurk... lurk, lurk>

Guilty as charged! ;-)

> Seamus Fitzgerald:  4608749583331068
>         Jim Fitzgerald:  4184224783332071
>
> HAND!!
>
> ---<ribbit>

Many thanks...you are the man!
From: David G. Imber on
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:59:29 -0400, Froggie the Gremlin
<Froggie(a)see.sig.for.details> wrote:

>Lurkers...??? PH, are we lurkers...??? <g>
>
>David, feel free to use the following for the standard, filly equipped
>v7.1.0.9...
>
>FirstName: David
>LastName: Imber
>RegistrationCode: 4647200783329794

Thanks for this, Froggie, always benefit from your posts. It
gave me a message saying that junk filters wouldn't be effective
unless I entered a "paid mode" ID, but it seems to be doing the job,
so we'll see. Haven't tested its ability to defeat my present problem,
but remain hopeful.

Thanks again! DGI

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2