From: SMS on
On 05/08/10 4:37 PM, Rich wrote:
> Or will the camera phone still wipe them out? Once you can focus
> faster, you can more fully appreciate how bad P&S images are, because
> now you can't blame the ugliness on motion blur or a missed shot.
>
> http://dpreview.com/news/1008/10080505fujifilmpd.asp

It's promising, but read the fine print, "'The AF sensels are only
arranged in the center area of a CCD, so when phase detection AF is
activated the AF point is fixed to the center of an image.'"

Still it's probably a good compromise. Action shots that require the
speed of PDAF can use it, albeit with only center spot focusing, while
other shots that don't require faster focusing can still use multiple
focusing points.

Will it save the P&S? Probably it will have no effect at all. The P&S is
not going away, it's just losing market share among those that want
better quality at the expense of larger size and greater cost. I was
just in Glacier NP, Mt. Rushmore NM, Badlands NM, and Crater Lake NP.
The increase in the number of visitors toting D-SLRs was
incredible--even older kids were now using D-SLRs, often what looked
like the hand-me-downs of their parents (i.e. Nikon D70). We saw two
grizzly bears at a distance in Glacier. The P&S cameras were hopeless in
the poor lighting (very overcast) and the lenses were too short.
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 08:19:44 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>On 05/08/10 4:37 PM, Rich wrote:
>> Or will the camera phone still wipe them out? Once you can focus
>> faster, you can more fully appreciate how bad P&S images are, because
>> now you can't blame the ugliness on motion blur or a missed shot.
>>
>> http://dpreview.com/news/1008/10080505fujifilmpd.asp
>
>It's promising, but read the fine print, "'The AF sensels are only
>arranged in the center area of a CCD, so when phase detection AF is
>activated the AF point is fixed to the center of an image.'"
>
>Still it's probably a good compromise. Action shots that require the
>speed of PDAF can use it, albeit with only center spot focusing, while
>other shots that don't require faster focusing can still use multiple
>focusing points.
>
>Will it save the P&S? Probably it will have no effect at all. The P&S is
>not going away, it's just losing market share among those that want
>better quality at the expense of larger size and greater cost. I was
>just in Glacier NP, Mt. Rushmore NM, Badlands NM, and Crater Lake NP.

ROFLMAO!

SUUUUURE you were! LOL!!!!!!

Where were these parks? On the 8th floor on locked ward?

LOL!

Like the time you helped to install a computer controlled geyser in
Yellowstone too?

<http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showpost.php?p=448381&postcount=101>

You don't get it do you? We *ALL* already know that you don't even own ONE
camera.

LOL!
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2