From: someone on
Hi,

I installed win 2003 SBS and after that, I can't acess it throught remote
desktop( I tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost and pc name), and trying to browser
avaialbe terminal server, said no terminal server found. Can someone pls
help me? Thanks...

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
SBS2003 does not have Terminal Services for Clients
(Like SBS2000 had)
However it does allow up to 2 remote RDP Connections for administration
only.
(I use this in a shadow/training type situation.)

When you are Trying to use 127.0.0.1 you are essentially trying to connect
to yourself?

On the No Terminal Server found comment. Do you have a separate Terminal
Server?

Since you are having connection issues, Have you turned off the DHCP on your
Router/Firewall
and have DHCP turned on and configured with the SBS2003 server?
(Sometimes this can be an issue if you don't have proper routing.)

However after all that, I'm confused on what exactly the issue is
Can you describe the topology SBS2003 Server Number of PC's Terminal Server
etc.
and what you are trying to connect to and how?
Thanks
Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public Forum - www.SBSRepair.com

From: someone on
Thanks Russ,

What's RDP Connections for administration only? Is it limit functions or
others thing? Please advice.

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
Definition RDP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Protocol

SBS2003 Allows "Two" Remote Domain Admin accounts. (And one on the console)
These are accounts that have FULL access to the server users and functions.
(There is not Limite)

These connections are used for Administration of the server, Add users
Change Settings etc.
Because connecting using this accounts the person has full access to the
server.
One should NEVER use this connection to Web Surf or do any other PC related
Activity like Running Outlook etc.
Don't do this because This is a SECURITY RISK!

SBS2003 does not have a "Terminal Server" type login like SBS2000 had
If you need a Workstation or Terminal Server type connection you need a
separate server to do this.

If you wish to "SEE" a Terminal Server when Browsing, the LAN or Using RWW
You will need to purchase a 2003 or 2008 server and install Terminal server
licenses and the applications you want to use on that server.

If you cannot afford a Terminal Server most people just connect to their
PC's on the LAN or have 2 or 3 Old PC's That are used for things like this.