From: Tim on
Windows keeps installing update kb890830.

IF I allow it, a scan starts (mrt.exe) and that takes 1 core of my cpu fully
loaded for hours. After about 15.000.000 I/O readings it is done scanning.
It takes ages.
But then I expect it to stop running, but after a while (15 minutes or so)
it starts again with the question whether I want to run it again. That
happens all the time. When I delete everything I can find of that update
(mrt.exe etc.), windows says it found a new update and asks if I want to
install that update.

When I then choose to hide it and close my windows update screen, it unhides
itself in a couple of moments and again windows will ask if I want to
install a windows update. So, I have had quite enough of that stupid
malicious removal tool which I probably do not need anyway. Is there a way
to get rid of this all for real?

Although it seems not very important, here are my system specs:
C2D E6600 (2x3GHz)
6 GB DDR2 800
Intel X25-M 80 SSD
2x 1 TB Samsung spinpoint
1x 1.5TB WD green
Gigaybyte P35-DS3P mainboard
4890 1GB GFX

I hope someone can be of help. Would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Tim

From: Bobby Johnson on
There must be something specific to your system that just ain't right.
I have never experienced any problem with the Malicious Software Removal
Tool running on any of my systems every month. I think it runs less
than 5 minutes, but I never really paid that much attention.

From: Tim on

"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> There must be something specific to your system that just ain't right. I
> have never experienced any problem with the Malicious Software Removal
> Tool running on any of my systems every month. I think it runs less than
> 5 minutes, but I never really paid that much attention.

I checked the mrt.log in windows\debug and it says it finished without
finding problems more than once now in the last couple of days. So it should
stop popping up everytime. It should be finished for a month. I understand
that is specific to my system, because if every system had it, it would be a
major bug and well known by now.
Tim