From: Jeff Gaines on

As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to move
people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP bridge is
extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately.

There has been some discussion about this in
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a seeding
message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps alt.windows64?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
From: Eric Allen on
On 5/20/2010 8:34 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to move
> people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP bridge is
> extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately.
>
> There has been some discussion about this in
> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a seeding
> message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps
> alt.windows64?

alt.windows64 gets my vote

Eric
From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:50:26 -0700, Eric Allen
<eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> On 5/20/2010 8:34 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> >
> > As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying
to move
> > people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP
bridge is
> > extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately.
> >
> > There has been some discussion about this in
> > microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a
seeding
> > message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps
> > alt.windows64?
> >
> alt.windows64 gets my vote

> Eric

Me too.
From: Bobby Johnson on
Maybe I'm just slow, but how do you get to alt.windows64?

Google doesn't give me any hints.

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 20/05/2010 in message <OBeAqtD#KHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> Bobby
Johnson wrote:

>Maybe I'm just slow, but how do you get to alt.windows64?
>
>Google doesn't give me any hints.

The group doesn't exist yet, alt.os.windows64bit might be a better name,
suggestions appreciated :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?