From: Bobby Johnson on
I cast 1 vote for alt.os.windows64bit

Hopefully those that participate will follow the intent of discussing
strictly OS related items.

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
alt.os.windows64bit if we have to be in the alt tree. But honestly, comp.
would be better.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Whiskers on
On 2010-05-20, Bobby Johnson <rjohnson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> On 2010-05-20 12:54, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> On 20/05/2010 in message <OBeAqtD#KHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> Bobby
>> Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I'm just slow, but how do you get to alt.windows64?
>>>
>>> Google doesn't give me any hints.
>>
>> The group doesn't exist yet, alt.os.windows64bit might be a better name,
>> suggestions appreciated :-)
>
> I cast 1 vote for alt.os.windows64bit

I'm not a Microsoft user - but that name would fit better with all the
other alt.os.* groups (including some windows-related).

> Hopefully those that participate will follow the intent of discussing
> strictly OS related items.

Of course! ;))

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Ted on
On 20 May 2010 15:34:14 GMT Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> *From:* "Jeff Gaines" <jgaines_newsid(a)yahoo.co.uk>
> *Date:* 20 May 2010 15:34:14 GMT
>
> As people may know MSFT are closing their news groups and trying to
> move people to forums. It's not an attractive option, MSFT's NNTP
> bridge is extremely slow and all the posts are in HTML unfortunately.
>
> There has been some discussion about this in
> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general so this is by way of a seeding
> message to see if there is support for an alt group - perhaps
> alt.windows64?
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
> (Ken Olson, president Digital Equipment, 1977)

Sounds like s good idea...
.... until it gets attacked, and made next to useless, by a troll determined to
destroy the group, as with the current alt.windows7.general group.

A moderated group would be great, but is that even possible with alt groups?

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 20/05/2010 in message <memo.20100520204956.2812A(a)me.me> Ted wrote:

>Sounds like s good idea...
>... until it gets attacked, and made next to useless, by a troll
>determined to
>destroy the group, as with the current alt.windows7.general group.

They normally fade away if they're not fed.

>A moderated group would be great, but is that even possible with alt
>groups?

Looks like it, there are several groups in the alt hierarchy with
moderated in their name.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they