From: Walt on
I'm trying to set up a Windows 98 Virtual PC on Vista 64. I'm setting
it up on drive F and got to the point in the installation of Win98
when it said it was formating drive C and I stopped it. At least it
said it was formatting drive C. It didn't. Am I right in assuming that
it was formating Drive F rather than drive C. Any assistance
appreciated.
From: Steve Jain on

"Walt" wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a Windows 98 Virtual PC on Vista 64. I'm setting
> it up on drive F and got to the point in the installation of Win98
> when it said it was formating drive C and I stopped it. At least it
> said it was formatting drive C. It didn't. Am I right in assuming that
> it was formating Drive F rather than drive C. Any assistance
> appreciated.
> .

As long as you're doing it inside the VM window, you're fine.
I have install guides for Win98 for VPC2007 and WinVPC on my website
http://www.essjae.com

From: C A Upsdell on
On 2010-04-14 16:43, Walt wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a Windows 98 Virtual PC on Vista 64. I'm setting
> it up on drive F and got to the point in the installation of Win98
> when it said it was formating drive C and I stopped it. At least it
> said it was formatting drive C. It didn't. Am I right in assuming that
> it was formating Drive F rather than drive C. Any assistance
> appreciated.

It is virtual drive C in the virtual machine that would format. I've
done this, and I admit it is spooky the first time you see it.

From: Walt on
Thanks Steve and CA. I thought that was the case. And you're right it
is spppky.
Walt

Pages: 1
Prev: XP Mode problem