From: CWatters on

"Caddy" <junmakara(a)xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hey there Cwatters, Sorry for delay in replying...cause I had been very
> busy with some school work.
>
> Anyway, When i plug the USB in, the Drive does appear on "My Computer"
> as Drive (A)
> I go to "Computer Management" trying to change/assign drive letter but
> it doesn't show up Drive A: click on the link to see what i mean...
> http://img143.echo.cx/img143/751/computermanagement1ge.png
>
> Thanks again

I'm at a loss to know what to suggest really. Is there a 3.5" floppy drive
installed in your PC? Does that appear as drive A: when the pen drive is
disconnected? If you don't have a floppy drive then perhaps fitting one
would force the pen drive to another drive letter?

From: Caddy on
No. There're no 3.5 Floppy drive installed. and it doesn't show any
Drive A: on the "My Computer" either. its Only show up the 3.5 floppy
(drive A:) when I plug my Pen Drive into the USB port. If i unplug it
the Pen Drive, the 3.5 floppy (drive A:) will disappear.

Any other ideas...?

From: CWatters on

> No. There're no 3.5 Floppy drive installed. and it doesn't show any
> Drive A: on the "My Computer" either. its Only show up the 3.5 floppy
> (drive A:) when I plug my Pen Drive into the USB port. If i unplug it
> the Pen Drive, the 3.5 floppy (drive A:) will disappear.
>
> Any other ideas...?

Sorry no. The only thing I can think of trying is to actually fit a floppy
drive so that it takes the A: slot then try connecting the pen drive. Might
work and Floppy drives are quite cheap. Think I got one for <$10 once.

From: Eric Gisin on
"CWatters" <colin.watters(a)pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message

> Sorry no. The only thing I can think of trying is to actually fit a floppy
> drive so that it takes the A: slot then try connecting the pen drive. Might
> work and Floppy drives are quite cheap. Think I got one for <$10 once.

You don't need a real drive. Just enable it in the BIOS and DOS and Win 2K/XP allocate A. Most
likely, the pen drive moves to B.

I would check the pen drive CD for software to configure or format.