From: Caddy on
A few months ago I had a problem using my Pen Drive USB 2.0 128MB
(Flash drive, Legend.). To accessing the files I've to plug it into
the USB port click on the A: drive then I click on the icon key and the
following message pop up: 'Please insert the device or Please run
this utility as privileged user.' I am using the Administrator
account and there's no other account is setting up and the Device is
Inserted. Its doesn't happened before I've installed Win SP2. At
the time I contact their support service and they didn't gave much
help. So what I did was to remove windows service pack 2 and my Pen
Drive running fine.

Now I have no choice but to install service pack 2 again, and I still
get the same error with the following above message. What's the
problem?

Does anybody came across this problem before?

Please if you know anything about this help me out I appreciated for
all your help and advice. Thank you.

Caddy

From: CWatters on

"Caddy" <junmakara(a)xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> A few months ago I had a problem using my Pen Drive USB 2.0 128MB
> (Flash drive, Legend.). To accessing the files I've to plug it into
> the USB port click on the A: drive then I click on the icon key and the
> following message pop up: 'Please insert the device or Please run
> this utility as privileged user.' I am using the Administrator
> account and there's no other account is setting up and the Device is
> Inserted. Its doesn't happened before I've installed Win SP2. At
> the time I contact their support service and they didn't gave much
> help. So what I did was to remove windows service pack 2 and my Pen
> Drive running fine.

Have you tried changing the drive letter to something higher (eg G: or H:
perhaps) at least higher than your current highest drive/partion. Don't go
as high as W, X, Y, Z as they are normmally used for mapped network drives.

How to..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307844&sd=tech

From: Caddy on
Thank you Cwatters for you respond. Sorry but i'm not to sure on how to
do it. I don't have a Floppy Drive on my PC but i do have a Removable
Storage Device which is F, G, H, and I
which Drive letter should i change?

Please tell me what should i do?

Thanks!

From: CWatters on

> Thank you Cwatters for you respond. Sorry but i'm not to sure on how to
> do it. I don't have a Floppy Drive on my PC but i do have a Removable
> Storage Device which is F, G, H, and I
> which Drive letter should i change?

Sorry for the delay in replying...

When you plug the USB drive in does the drive appear on "My Computer" as
Drive A:? (or did I missunderstand?)

Does the USB drive appear as drives F,G,H and I or is that another removable
device(s)?

If the USB pen drive appears as drive A: try changing it to something unused
like M:

For instructions see..

"How to assign a drive letter" or "How to change a drive letter" on this
page...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307844&sd=tech

From: Caddy on
Hey there Cwatters, Sorry for delay in replying...cause I had been very
busy with some school work.

Anyway, When i plug the USB in, the Drive does appear on "My Computer"
as Drive (A)
I go to "Computer Management" trying to change/assign drive letter but
it doesn't show up Drive A: click on the link to see what i mean...
http://img143.echo.cx/img143/751/computermanagement1ge.png

Thanks again

Caddy