From: rcgldr on
> The other option would be to "slipstream" the SATA driver to create a bootable
> cd-rom with XP and the SATA driver.

Intel "tutorial" for slipstreaming Intel drivers, using the freeware program nlite:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-029550.htm

From: T Shadow on
"Pat Brown" <pbo(a)warpdriveonline.com> wrote in message
>I installed 7, now trying to install xp as a dual boot. I need to install
>SATA drivers via F6 during the XP install through Floopy Drive A. The
>problem is - I have no floppy drive. Do I have to go buy and install one?
>Is there a way around this?

Make a bootable CD with something like Nero. Doesn't need to be a
slipstream. Use the emulate floppy function. Part of it will show up as
floppy A:\ and the rest like a CD D:\ or whatever after your HDDs. You could
put other items on the rest of the CD if needed(probably even a DVD). Say
display drivers. Of course you need to set BIOS to boot the optical drive
first. Google bootable CD if you need more info. Lots of info on it out
there.

Works that way with IDE drives anyway.

From: rcgldr on
> Make a bootable CD with something like Nero. Doesn't need to be a slipstream. Use the emulate floppy function. Part of
> it will show up as floppy A:\ and the rest like a CD D:\ or whatever after your HDDs. You could put other items on the
> rest of the CD if needed(probably even a DVD). Say display drivers. Of course you need to set BIOS to boot the optical
> drive first. Google bootable CD if you need more info. Lots of info on it out there.

The issue here is getting the XP install proccess, which is also booting
from that same cd-rom, to allow you to switch cd-roms and recognize the
other cd-rom as a floppy, then switch back to continue.

From: Ken Swenson on

Try this http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 it worked for me.

From: JessicaD42 on

Rcgldr,

If you wish to be able to use both Windows 7 and Windows XP
simultaneously, have you heard of and considered testing XP Mode and
Virtual PC?

To learn more about XP Mode please see the following link:
http://bit.ly/d8i7Sb

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

--