From: Dave on
I have not been able to find a Windows 7 newsgroup and would appreciate
suggestions.

I am having a problem with "Administrator Permission to change attributes"
and need some help.

--
Dave

~^~^~^~^~^
"Let God's promises shine on your problems." Corrie ten Boom

From: Alias on
Dave wrote:
> I have not been able to find a Windows 7 newsgroup and would appreciate
> suggestions.
>
> I am having a problem with "Administrator Permission to change
> attributes" and need some help.

Go to alt.windows7.general. You won't find it on the Microsoft
newsgroups. Microsoft is nuking all their groups so you'll have to use
another news server like news.eternal-september.org or news.aioe.org
(both free) to access it. When you go there, be sure and put Ping Frank
in your subject field as he is the expert on Windows 7.

--
Alias
From: Bob I on
This is the microsoft hosted one.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

From: SC Tom on
That is not a newsgroup, it's a web-based forum.

There are no Microsoft-hosted newsgroups for Win7 (and all of their other
newsgroups are going away, also, unfortunately), but there is
alt.windows7.general. If your ISP does not carry it, some other sites do
such as eternal-september.org and aioe.org.
--
SC Tom

From: smlunatick on
On Jun 8, 4:34 pm, "SC Tom" <s...(a)tom.net> wrote:
> That is not a newsgroup, it's a web-based forum.
>
> There are no Microsoft-hosted newsgroups for Win7 (and all of their other
> newsgroups are going away, also, unfortunately), but there is
> alt.windows7.general. If your ISP does not carry it, some other sites do
> such as eternal-september.org and aioe.org.
> --
> SC Tom
>
> "Bob I" <bire...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > This is the microsoft hosted one.
> >http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro
>
> > Dave wrote:
> >> I have not been able to find a Windows 7 newsgroup and would appreciate
> >> suggestions.
>
> >> I am having a problem with "Administrator Permission to change
> >> attributes" and need some help.

Microsoft has planned to drop all of their newsgroups, if not already
done. They want "us" to use the web based forums or their new NNTP
connector for those web forums.