From: Ralph on

"Tony Spratt" <tony_spratt(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > So that's London-English is it?
> >
> > Ha, foreigners always crack me up. They have different words or
spellings
> > for EVERYTHING!
> >
> > -ralph
>
> The language is called English; ergo whatever we say is correct and
whatever
> you speak is simply an amusing dialect, so there. <g>

It's true our language has roots from that craggy isle, but it has long
since settled firmly in its rightful new home.

I was surprised mostly because I've always held the observation (along with
Mark Twain???) that y'all normally spell better than you pronounce.

-ralph

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>It's true our language has roots from that craggy isle, but it has long
>since settled firmly in its rightful new home.

Yup. Up here in Canada where we retain the proper spelling of such
words as colour and pronounce roof correctly.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Ralph on

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It's true our language has roots from that craggy isle, but it has long
> >since settled firmly in its rightful new home.
>
> Yup. Up here in Canada where we retain the proper spelling of such
> words as colour and pronounce roof correctly.

You even pronounce punctuation. Always been curious - what is the correct
spelling for that long "A" sound you use for periods?

-ralph

From: Ralph on

From: Bob Butler on

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>It's true our language has roots from that craggy isle, but it has long
>>since settled firmly in its rightful new home.
>
> Yup. Up here in Canada where we retain the proper spelling of such
> words as colour and pronounce roof correctly.

Now if you could just get 'about' right you'd be set, eh?