From: Alan Secker on
The HL-2150N is not supported for pre-XP versions of Windows but someone
somewhere may be able to wink and nod and say: ' Try ....'. If he's reading
this I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

From: Don Phillipson on
"Alan Secker" <alan(a)asandco.co.uk> wrote in message

> The HL-2150N is not supported for pre-XP versions of Windows but someone
> somewhere may be able to wink and nod and say: ' Try ....'. If he's
reading
> this I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/eu/gb/en/monolaserpri/hl2150n_all/spec/index.html
says this unit uses the PCL driver for Win2000Pro.
Brother has a variety of PCL drivers for earlier network
printers e.g. HL 2070N so one of these might work OK.
Brother manuals mention a generic PCL driver for
WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP and there may be
earlier (Win98) versions.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: edfair on

You'll give up some bells and whistles but throw a HP-IIP driver at it
and see what sticks.

From: TJ on
edfair wrote:
> You'll give up some bells and whistles but throw a HP-IIP driver at it
> and see what sticks.

If you don't already have one on hand, finding a Windows 98 driver for
almost any HP printer is next to impossible. The same is probably true
of Brother, and a number of other peripherals.

TJ
From: Warren Block on
TJ <TJ(a)noneofyour.business> wrote:
> edfair wrote:
>> You'll give up some bells and whistles but throw a HP-IIP driver at it
>> and see what sticks.
>>

> If you don't already have one on hand, finding a Windows 98 driver for
> almost any HP printer is next to impossible. The same is probably true
> of Brother, and a number of other peripherals.

The LaserJet IIP driver has been included with Windows since Windows 3.1
(sorry, Windows 3.0 users!), according to Microsoft's support site. It
should work with any PCL printer, including the Brother HL-2150N and
most HP printers*.

[* Except the host-based Winprinter, the Chevy Vega of printers.]