From: Gufus on
Hi Group,

Has anyone gotten WinRAR setup with Avira?

I can't seem to find the correct *.exe to call Avira in WinRAR.

Gufus

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates
From: Max Wachtel on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:45:10 -0500, Gufus <STOP.NOSPAM.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>
wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Has anyone gotten WinRAR setup with Avira?
>
> I can't seem to find the correct *.exe to call Avira in WinRAR.
>
> Gufus

I think you need to use the command line scanner(see my post above)
also see this avira thread:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=72668&highlight=command+line
--
This post was created using Opera(a)USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
Virus Removal Instructions
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Max Wachtel" <maxpro4uREMOVETHIS(a)hotmail.com>

| On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:45:10 -0500, Gufus <STOP.NOSPAM.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>
| wrote:

>> Hi Group,

>> Has anyone gotten WinRAR setup with Avira?

>> I can't seem to find the correct *.exe to call Avira in WinRAR.

>> Gufus

| I think you need to use the command line scanner(see my post above)

| also see this avira thread:

I don't think it is needed at all since I believe if you enable scanning archive files,
the On Access scanner will scan inside the RAR archive.

--
Dave

From: Gufus on
Hi David,

Tuesday March 02 2010, David H. Lipman writes to All:

> I don't think it is needed at all since I believe if you
> enable scanning archive files, the On Access scanner will
> scan inside the RAR archive.

Yes, Avira will scan *.rar files, but I want to use WinRAR's internal scan
feature, WinRAR can be set internally with most of the popular anti-viral
programs.

bty.. whats the time stamp on tis reply?

Gufus

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... You will win success in whatever calling you adopt.
From: Gufus on
Hi Max,

Tuesday March 02 2010, Max Wachtel writes to All:

> From: maxpro4uREMOVETHIS(a)hotmail.com
> above) also see this avira
> thread: http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&thr
> eadID=72668&highlight=command+line

Thanks Max, I'll go have a look.. :)

Gufus
--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... It is annoying to be honest to no purpose.