From: (PeteCresswell) on
Per Pegasus [MVP]:
>There a further solution: use WinVNC instead of Remote Desktop. It works
>very well and it is free.

One more suggestion in that vein: TeamViewer.

It's an industrial-strength commercial product, but they have a
freebie version for home/single users.

On of it's strengths is speed. You click the name of the PC you
want to connect to and "bang!".... you're there.
--
PeteCresswell
From: HeyBub on
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Pegasus [MVP]:
>> There a further solution: use WinVNC instead of Remote Desktop. It
>> works very well and it is free.
>
> One more suggestion in that vein: TeamViewer.
>
> It's an industrial-strength commercial product, but they have a
> freebie version for home/single users.
>
> On of it's strengths is speed. You click the name of the PC you
> want to connect to and "bang!".... you're there.

An even BETTER option is Mikogo. I say better "because" a) it is free for
commercial use and b) Does not require any software installation on the
remote computer.

You (as the technician) merely tell your client: "Log on to mikogo.com and
enter the following 9-digit code."

In a few seconds, you are in contol of their computer (or vice-versa).

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Backround for log in page
Next: Making an SP3 Disc??