From: Jim Cladingboel on
I recently decided I needed a password
to protect XP. As administrator, I went to
Ctrl Panel/User Accounts and entered
a password and confirmed it.
Since then, nothing has changed when
I start my WinXP Home/SP3. It's as
though I had never made the change.
Have I missed something?

Thanks,
Jim.

From: John John - MVP on
In the Start menu Run box enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and then toggle
the "Users must enter a user name..." setting.

John

From: Jose on
On Jan 4, 11:03 pm, "Jim Cladingboel" <carra...(a)tpg.com.au> wrote:
> I recently decided I needed a password
> to protect XP. As administrator, I went to
> Ctrl Panel/User Accounts and entered
> a password and confirmed it.
> Since then, nothing has changed when
> I start my WinXP Home/SP3.  It's as
> though I had never made the change.
> Have I missed something?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

What did you expect to happen/change?
From: Jim Cladingboel on
Many thanks, John. I guessed there was
another step needed.
Jose. I expected to be asked for a password!

Thanks, Jim.

From: John John - MVP on
Your welcome.

John