From: thecat131 on
Hi there

I have posted this question to the XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows
XP General Discussion board as suggested by other users.

Some time ago I set up the Backup feature on Windows XP Pro so that my
laptop data got backed up daily to an external hard drive.

The laptop was recently stolen but thankfully, the external hard drive was
left behind and I have a Mac desktop computer with Bootcamp.

When I restore the backup.bkf file, the directories are all there, but there
is no data - not a Word, Excel, PDF or any other type of file to be found
yet the backup.bkf file is 119901kb in size.

Any suggestions and/or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers
From: SC Tom on

"thecat131" <thecat131(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I have posted this question to the XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows
> XP General Discussion board as suggested by other users.
>
> Some time ago I set up the Backup feature on Windows XP Pro so that my
> laptop data got backed up daily to an external hard drive.
>
> The laptop was recently stolen but thankfully, the external hard drive was
> left behind and I have a Mac desktop computer with Bootcamp.
>
> When I restore the backup.bkf file, the directories are all there, but
> there
> is no data - not a Word, Excel, PDF or any other type of file to be found
> yet the backup.bkf file is 119901kb in size.
>
> Any suggestions and/or help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Cheers

The first thing you should have done was crossposted. Read here:
Crosspost, do not multipost <http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm>

120Mb isn't very large for a system backup if you were including all your
data files and system folders. I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like your
backup scheme was working too well. I hope I'm wrong, but. . .
--
SC Tom

Pages: 1
Prev: WINXP IE8 Crashing