From: Ben Bazian on
When my user logs in it takes about 5 minutes till they get the desktop.
Upon investigation I see where each time they log in the msiinstaller is
running for every application on the PC. for example "Windows Installer
reconfigured the product. Product Name: Trusted Drive Manager. Product
Version: 3.1.0.116. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Wave Systems
Corp.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0."

This happens for each app on the computer.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

From: Bobby Johnson on
I would suggest contacting Tech Support @
http://www.wave.com/products/tdm.asp since the "EMBASSY Trusted Drive
Manager" is their product. They should be able to assist you in
resolving this situation with their software.

From: Ben Bazian on
That one was just an example. It does it for every package that is
installed on the PC including MS Office, etc.

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
When did this behaviour start? Is this an upgrade or a clean install? And
what Anti-Virus are you running?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel