From: Kue2 on
Charlie
you hear anything back on the newsgroup and if-where or when it will be
moving?

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Still waiting for word. There's no hurry - this group isn't schedule for
"closure" (as if that were possible<g>) in the first wave. The initial
thought is that we'll end up in the TechNet forums, but nothing is
finalized. I have buyoff from a couple of key people, but not the final OK
or location.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Phoenix on
I've read this group on 3 or 4 different free servers already. MS can't
"disappear" it from them, can it? It just won't have the official
imprimatur.

From: johnsuth on
In <huluo3$8nj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "Phoenix" <gtr_phoenix(a)killerrabbit.verizon.net> writes:
>I've read this group on 3 or 4 different free servers already. MS can't
>"disappear" it from them, can it? It just won't have the official
>imprimatur.

Yes, but which server should I post to?

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Johnsuth.

<johnsuth(a)nospam.com.au> wrote in message
> In <huluo3$8nj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "Phoenix"
> <gtr_phoenix(a)killerrabbit.verizon.net> writes:
>>I've read this group on 3 or 4 different free servers already. MS can't
>>"disappear" it from them, can it? It just won't have the official
>>imprimatur.
>
> Yes, but which server should I post to?

Any server that carries the newsgroup. Your post will replicate throughout
Usenet, just as if you had posted it here on the MS news server - which I am
still using.

My ISP still includes a Usenet server (Giganews?) in my monthly subscription
fee, and it lists several thousand microsoft.public.* newsgroups. Most of
them are in languages that I can't read, but it appears that all the 2000+
English groups are available. How busy they will be - and for how long -
remains to be seen, of course.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA