From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Doesn't actually matter. Usenet is a peer to peer replication architecture,
so that posts can originate anywhere and be visible everywhere.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
No, they can't "disappear" it. But it likely won't have (some of) the MVPs
here, and certainly won't have the MS folks we've gotten help from over the
years. And it will be much harder for users to find it, since there won't be
a web interface to it. Worse, it won't have the spam removal that msnews
has, so our signal to noise ratio is likely to get worse. But all that being
said, it will continue until none of the Usenet servers want to carry it any
longer.