From: Outlook 03 on Windows 7 Compatability Outlook 03 on Windows 7 on
New computer with Windows 7 cannot run Outlook 2003. Error message says
mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by
installing other messging software. Plese resinstall Outlook. I did but
this did not solve problem and fixmapi.exe did not either.
From: DL on
Does this new PC have an Office Trial installed, that you failed to
uninstall first, together with the Activation Assistant?

From: BenteJ on
I have the same problem with a new computer and Office 2003, and the same
error message.
I unfortunately installed Office 2003 before I uninstalled the trial, that
was preinstalled.
Now I have removed Office 2007 and Office 2003, and after having the
computer shot down, reinstalled Office 2003. But the same problem.

On the computer is also installed Windows Live mail, could that bring any
disturbances ?