From: Don McKenzie on
On 4/08/2010 7:06 PM, Mike Rofone wrote:

> Something for new players to look out for.

If you have a close look at the settings for xp and w7, you will see that the selections, and in fact the wording is
almost identical.

If you set your xp settings way back when, then you may have forgotten that you actually had selected years ago, one of
the "not auto update" settings.

As they are default set to "Auto Update" on a fresh system, that is what they will do.

A trap nevertheless.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: Mike Rofone on
Don McKenzie wrote...

> As they are default set to "Auto Update" on a fresh system, that is what they will do.
>
> A trap nevertheless.

Yes, and one that caught SWMBO and as a result it was me who copped the wrath of
it all.

Suffice it to say, nano-seconds after the berating had subsided, I changed the
update settings to manual...

Pages: 1
Prev: Hotmail
Next: my slow computer