From: jones on
Have taken on board the replies, and also what I found on google.

Now I think that RAM has something to do with it as well.

Have Windows xp - work a lot with graphics and photos.

What would anyone recommend as a minimum RAM amount please?
At present I have 512 MB RAM.

Thanks again
Katherine

From: Rob on
On 4/08/2010 10:11 PM, jones wrote:
> Have taken on board the replies, and also what I found on google.
>
> Now I think that RAM has something to do with it as well.
>
> Have Windows xp - work a lot with graphics and photos.
>
> What would anyone recommend as a minimum RAM amount please?
> At present I have 512 MB RAM.
>
> Thanks again
> Katherine

2Gb min or 4Gb so that you can use up to 3.3Gb of that.
From: idgat on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:11:23 +1000, "jones" <jones(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>Have taken on board the replies, and also what I found on google.
>
>Now I think that RAM has something to do with it as well.
>
>Have Windows xp - work a lot with graphics and photos.
>
>What would anyone recommend as a minimum RAM amount please?
>At present I have 512 MB RAM.
>
>Thanks again
>Katherine

2Gb max - don't waste your money on any more, XP can't read it and
won't use it.
--
idgat
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
From: SG1 on

"jones" <jones(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Have taken on board the replies, and also what I found on google.
>
> Now I think that RAM has something to do with it as well.
>
> Have Windows xp - work a lot with graphics and photos.
>
> What would anyone recommend as a minimum RAM amount please?
> At present I have 512 MB RAM.
>
> Thanks again
> Katherine

The consenous is that an extra 1.5 GB bring your total to 2GB would be good.
A word of warning though get a 2GB stick or 2x1GB don't try to just add on
to what you have. Knowing your level of expertise, do you have a friend or
"trusted" computer shop down on the Isle???

From: jones on
Thanks to all, as always.

yes I would need to carry the tower to the computer shop to get it done.

Katherine

> The consenous is that an extra 1.5 GB bring your total to 2GB would be
> good. A word of warning though get a 2GB stick or 2x1GB don't try to just
> add on to what you have. Knowing your level of expertise, do you have a
> friend or "trusted" computer shop down on the Isle???
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Windows 7 Auto Update = Grrrr
Next: my slow computer 2