From: Duffer on
Just done a clean install of win 7 and put office 2007 on it.

All the updates are applied.

most mornings on first start outlook gives a 'stopped working' message and
closes down. When I start it again everything seems fine and it is stable
for the day.

I have ran office diagnostics and it reports no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4684 (20091213) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: neo on
Do you see the same issue when starting Outlook in safe mode?

Other than that, the primary reason Outlook becomes unstable is do to third
party applications and addins.

From: Duffer on

"neo" <neo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you see the same issue when starting Outlook in safe mode?
>
> Other than that, the primary reason Outlook becomes unstable is do to
> third party applications and addins.
>

> "Duffer" <Duffer(a)duff.com> wrote in message
>> Just done a clean install of win 7 and put office 2007 on it.
>>
>> All the updates are applied.
>>
>> most mornings on first start outlook gives a 'stopped working' message
>> and closes down. When I start it again everything seems fine and it is
>> stable for the day.
>>
>> I have ran office diagnostics and it reports no problems.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jon

Thanks, I'll get rid of those I don't need and see if it improves. Just
tried to remove a contribute and PDF addin though and it tells me I can't as
it is used by all users and I must remove it when logged in as admin. I am
logged in as admin!

How do i get round that one?

From: Duffer on

> "neo" <neo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Do you see the same issue when starting Outlook in safe mode?
>>
>> Other than that, the primary reason Outlook becomes unstable is do to
>> third party applications and addins.
>>

>> "Duffer" <Duffer(a)duff.com> wrote in message
>>> Just done a clean install of win 7 and put office 2007 on it.
>>>
>>> All the updates are applied.
>>>
>>> most mornings on first start outlook gives a 'stopped working' message
>>> and closes down. When I start it again everything seems fine and it is
>>> stable for the day.
>>>
>>> I have ran office diagnostics and it reports no problems.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>

> Thanks, I'll get rid of those I don't need and see if it improves. Just
> tried to remove a contribute and PDF addin though and it tells me I can't
> as it is used by all users and I must remove it when logged in as admin. I
> am logged in as admin!
>
> How do i get round that one?
>
> Jon

sorry, just found answer - hold ctrl and shift whilst starting outlook.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Is your antivirus integrated with outlook? If so, disable the integration.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: