From: Rob on
Hank Arnold <rasilon(a)aol.com> wrote:
> Check out
>
> http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA0-8465ENW.pdf.
>
> Citrix runs on top of TS. Citrix regularly puts out this document. It
> shows what HP printers have TS drivers and which ones to use. An
> absolutely critical document for any admin who has Citrix and/or TS
> servers with HP network printers to have.

This looks great.
Do you know if other manufacturers release similar documents?

We don't have HP printers, but we have had big issues with the drivers
for a Nashua/Ricoh multifunctional which has taken us well over a year
to locate and solve.
(first to know that it is a printer driver issue and then to find the
guilty driver amongst the 15 or so different drivers on the server)
From: Hank Arnold on
If you find any. let us know..... I've made it a requirement to purchase
a network printer that it either be an HP in the list or the vendor has
certified in writing that there are TS drivers available.

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

From: Bazzar on
Thanks so far.
They are using Canon printers and only a couple of HP printers. They have
stocks of consumables for these Canons and are not in a hurry to get rid of
them as printers are worthless to sell after purchase.

If no one knows anything about Canon then how about some universal printer
driver for TS? Are such things any good and do they handle printers that have
no TS support? Canon works fine in XP client to [SBS2k3 server/WS2k3 TS
server] but not as W7 to [SBS2k3 server/WS2k3 TS server].

## Then there is the Hard Drive sharing across TS. Does any one understand
why this can't happen with W7 to [SBS2k3 server/WS2k3 TS server]?