From: create_share on
Hi!

How to make MS Windows Terminal Server 2003 recognize a printer installed on
a windows 7 client machine?

Thanks!
From: Kudrat Sapaev on
Hi,

You have to install the same printer driver on the server and it should work.

From: Bob Campbell on
Kudrat is correct.

WS 2008 fixes this problem.

From: Bazzar on
I have tried to raise this issue on this site but my questions never show up
so I'm attaching into this person's question as it is similar.

I have SBS2003 server and a TS server on Server2003. Remote Clients use
laptops with XP Pro SP3. Now some are getting laptops with Win7 (64 bit).
They use Canon inkjet printers remotely that work fine with XP. The new
laptops can't run these printers but some HP printers work fine.

I loaded the W7 driver on the laptop and the XP driver on SBS2003 as XP
drivers have normally worked and none are made for SBS2003 anyway. This does
not work. Not in RDP to the server or RWW to the TS server. ALSO HDs will not
show up when selected in either protocol for W7 remote clients to the SBS2003
server or TS server. The XP laptops are fine.

Is there something wrong I'm doing? Am I missing something?

Your advice to this person to install drivers on the server is correct for
XP laptops but not for W7 laptops as W7 drivers are not compatible with
SBS2003.

Any ideas?

Barry

From: Hank Arnold on
Check out

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA0-8465ENW.pdf.

Citrix runs on top of TS. Citrix regularly puts out this document. It
shows what HP printers have TS drivers and which ones to use. An
absolutely critical document for any admin who has Citrix and/or TS
servers with HP network printers to have.

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services