From: MZB on
OK, as I've been posting, I am having continuing problems with my Inspiron
2200. So, I will either buy a used computer with XP or just get a new laptop
with Windows 7.

So, first, about Windows 7. I have a desktop and netbook (and the Inspiron
laptop), all running XP HOME. The cable and router and a printer are all
attached to the desktop. I can access some folders on the desktop with my
other computers and I can also access the printer, as well as having
internet access via my Linksys router.

OK, when I buy a new computer with Windows 7, I assume it will also be able
to connect to the internet and have the same network connectivity as my
other computers. Is this correct? In short, will there be any problems
integrating the new computer with my current system?

My other question is what to buy. My needs are modest: Office-type stuff,
surfing the net, some online poker, etc. Nothing heavy. I would like to
spend about $500 +/- $100.. I would prefer a 16" screen or so. Any
suggestions?

Mel

From: IsabellaWinTeam on

MZB;900220 Wrote:
> OK, as I've been posting, I am having continuing problems with my
> Inspiron
> 2200. So, I will either buy a used computer with XP or just get a new
> laptop
> with Windows 7.
>
> So, first, about Windows 7. I have a desktop and netbook (and the
> Inspiron
> laptop), all running XP HOME. The cable and router and a printer are
> all
> attached to the desktop. I can access some folders on the desktop with
> my
> other computers and I can also access the printer, as well as having
> internet access via my Linksys router.
>
> OK, when I buy a new computer with Windows 7, I assume it will also be
> able
> to connect to the internet and have the same network connectivity as my
>
> other computers. Is this correct? In short, will there be any problems
>
> integrating the new computer with my current system?
>
> My other question is what to buy. My needs are modest: Office-type
> stuff,
> surfing the net, some online poker, etc. Nothing heavy. I would like to
>
> spend about $500 +/- $100.. I would prefer a 16" screen or so. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Mel

Hi Mel,

A laptop should be able to have the same network connectivity and I
don't anticipate any issues. As for the laptop suggestion, you should
check out the Toshiba Satellite T135D-S1325WH. It is super sleek and
portable and has a 13.3" screen (it is a better smaller than you
requested, but many larger laptops will be out of your price range). It
is great for Office applications and surfing the net.

What do you think? Is this screen to small?

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

--
IsabellaWinTeam