From: Donahoo on
glee wrote:

> The problem you are likely having is that you are trying to do this to
> the My Music folder. Most System folders and the collection of "My"
> folders (My Documents, My Pictures, My Music) do not have the Customize
> tab on their properties sheet.

I have never had a problem customizing the My Music folder. I always add
another sort option to mine, in cases when I want to quickly get to the
last new folder added.
From: glee on
"Donahoo" <Donahoo(a)invalid.net> wrote in message
> glee wrote:
>

>> The problem you are likely having is that you are trying to do this
>> to the My Music folder. Most System folders and the collection of
>> "My" folders (My Documents, My Pictures, My Music) do not have the
>> Customize tab on their properties sheet.
>>

> I have never had a problem customizing the My Music folder. I always
> add another sort option to mine, in cases when I want to quickly get
> to the last new folder added.

Open Windows Explorer or My Computer, right-click the My Documents or My
Music folder and click Properties. You see a Customize tab? That's
what I am referring to....not whether you can change the sort order in
the folder.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Donahoo on
On 3/9/2010 5:16 PM, glee wrote:
> "Donahoo" <Donahoo(a)invalid.net> wrote in message
>> glee wrote:
>>

>>> The problem you are likely having is that you are trying to do this
>>> to the My Music folder. Most System folders and the collection of
>>> "My" folders (My Documents, My Pictures, My Music) do not have the
>>> Customize tab on their properties sheet.
>>>

>> I have never had a problem customizing the My Music folder. I always
>> add another sort option to mine, in cases when I want to quickly get
>> to the last new folder added.
>
> Open Windows Explorer or My Computer, right-click the My Documents or My
> Music folder and click Properties. You see a Customize tab? That's what
> I am referring to....not whether you can change the sort order in the
> folder.

You are correct, there is no customize option there. I was thinking of
the "choose details" option for adding another column in that folder.

However, the OP said he is adding a subfolder inside My Music. The
subfolders do have an option to customize the folder. But apparently his
subfolders are not being identified as containing audio file. He just
needs to tell Windows that. Then music related column titles will be added.
From: glee on
> On 3/9/2010 5:16 PM, glee wrote:
>> "Donahoo" <Donahoo(a)invalid.net> wrote in message

>>> I have never had a problem customizing the My Music folder. I always
>>> add another sort option to mine, in cases when I want to quickly get
>>> to the last new folder added.
>>
>> Open Windows Explorer or My Computer, right-click the My Documents or
>> My
>> Music folder and click Properties. You see a Customize tab? That's
>> what
>> I am referring to....not whether you can change the sort order in the
>> folder.
>
> You are correct, there is no customize option there. I was thinking of
> the "choose details" option for adding another column in that folder.
>
> However, the OP said he is adding a subfolder inside My Music. The
> subfolders do have an option to customize the folder. But apparently
> his subfolders are not being identified as containing audio file. He
> just needs to tell Windows that. Then music related column titles will
> be added.

Right....but the OP is (as far as I can understand) creating many
subfolders one level under My Music, and wants them to automatically
display as described. To do that, the upper-level folder needs to have
a Customize tab, so the OP can checkmark the "Also apply this template
to all subfolders" box. Since My Music doesn't have a Customize tab,
there is no box to check. It might be possible by editing the
desktop.ini file in the My Music folder, or by creating or copying one
with the settings desired.

Alternately, all the subfolders in My Music could be placed under
another subfolder, which does have a Customize tab.

I don't use those folders anyway, so I don't have this issue. I keep my
music and pics in a folder of my making, and the My Music and My
Pictures folders are empty.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2