From: Gerry Cornell on
Nancy

Let's hope it has done the trick.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Nancy on
Back to the drawing board. Computer froze up again today (after four days
without rebooting) Nothing in the logs shows errors that I can see

From: Gerry Cornell on
Nancy

Have you looked at HD Tune?
Try HD Tune (freeware). Download and run it and see what it turns up.
http://www.hdtune.com/

Select the Info tabs and place the cursor on C:\ under Drive letter
and then double click the two page icon ( copy to
Clipboard ) and copy into a further message.

Select the Health tab and then double click the two page icon ( copy to
Clipboard ) and copy into a further message.

Also do a full surface scan with HD Tune.

What operations do you do that require so much RAM memory?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Nancy on

I use my computer for graphics and will soon be doing some video editing.

Remember this is a new (one month old) HD and the problem occured before the
HD was replaced (replaced due to a HD hardware failure)

Full surface scan is running now.

HD Tune: Maxtor 6L200S0 Health

ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status
(03) Spin Up Time 187 184 63 26783 Ok
(04) Start/Stop Count 253 253 0 99 Ok
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 253 253 63 0 Ok
(06) Read Channel Margin 253 253 100 0 Ok
(07) Seek Error Rate 253 252 0 0 Ok
(08) Seek Time Performance 249 242 187 54332 Ok
(09) Power On Hours Count 250 250 0 4067 Ok
(0A) Spin Retry Count 253 252 157 0 Ok
(0B) Calibration Retry Count 253 252 223 0 Ok
(0C) Power Cycle Count 253 253 0 101 Ok
(C0) Power Off Retract Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C1) Load Cycle Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C2) Temperature 34 253 0 37 Ok
(C3) Hardware ECC Recovered 253 252 0 3175 Ok
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C5) Current Pending Sector 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 199 199 0 0 Ok
(C8) Write Error Rate 253 252 0 0 Ok
(C9) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CA) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CB) (unknown attribute) 253 252 180 0 Ok
(CC) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CD) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CF) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D0) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D1) (unknown attribute) 242 242 0 143 Ok
(D2) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D3) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D4) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok

Power On Time : 4067
Health Status : Ok

From: Nancy on
Here is the full scan results (no errors found) followed by the current
health (notice the temp actually went down a degree)

HD Tune: Maxtor 6L200S0 Error Scan

Scanned data : 194403 MB
Damaged Blocks : 0.0 %
Elapsed Time : 87:17

HD Tune: Maxtor 6L200S0 Health

ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status
(03) Spin Up Time 187 184 63 26783 Ok
(04) Start/Stop Count 253 253 0 99 Ok
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 253 253 63 0 Ok
(06) Read Channel Margin 253 253 100 0 Ok
(07) Seek Error Rate 253 252 0 0 Ok
(08) Seek Time Performance 252 242 187 33249 Ok
(09) Power On Hours Count 250 250 0 4154 Ok
(0A) Spin Retry Count 253 252 157 0 Ok
(0B) Calibration Retry Count 253 252 223 0 Ok
(0C) Power Cycle Count 253 253 0 101 Ok
(C0) Power Off Retract Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C1) Load Cycle Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C2) Temperature 34 253 0 36 Ok
(C3) Hardware ECC Recovered 253 252 0 10567 Ok
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C5) Current Pending Sector 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 253 253 0 0 Ok
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 199 199 0 0 Ok
(C8) Write Error Rate 253 252 0 0 Ok
(C9) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CA) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CB) (unknown attribute) 253 252 180 0 Ok
(CC) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CD) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(CF) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D0) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D1) (unknown attribute) 242 242 0 143 Ok
(D2) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D3) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok
(D4) (unknown attribute) 253 252 0 0 Ok

Power On Time : 4154