From: chrishabs on
I am testing this version of XP to see if I should replace my Windows 98SE
and 2000 machines. O\S installs fine and apply all windows updates.

I get error when I try to install Office 2003 Professional, SBE and Standard
at Service Pack 1 and 2 level.

Error 1911. Setup cannot register type library for the file
c:\windows\system32\ven2232.olb
This file is a Visual Basic Applicaiotns Object Library.

Looked up in Technet and not much on this
--
Christopher Sorel
From: Haggis on

"chrishabs" <chrishabs(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am testing this version of XP to see if I should replace my Windows 98SE
> and 2000 machines. O\S installs fine and apply all windows updates.
>
> I get error when I try to install Office 2003 Professional, SBE and
> Standard
> at Service Pack 1 and 2 level.
>
> Error 1911. Setup cannot register type library for the file
> c:\windows\system32\ven2232.olb
> This file is a Visual Basic Applicaiotns Object Library.
>
> Looked up in Technet and not much on this
> --
> Christopher Sorel

have you installed the visual basic runtime files ?

http://snipurl.com/dmh9

From: chrishabs on
Heck no since this is a fresh install of OS on test box. Never had to with
Windows 2k pro, XP sp1 or XP sp2. Fundamentals is built off of XP sp2.
Anyway I installed it but same error 1911
--
Christopher Sorel

From: Haggis on

> Heck no since this is a fresh install of OS on test box. Never had to with
> Windows 2k pro, XP sp1 or XP sp2. Fundamentals is built off of XP sp2.
> Anyway I installed it but same error 1911
> --
> Christopher Sorel
>

> "Haggis" wrote:
>

>> "chrishabs" <chrishabs(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am testing this version of XP to see if I should replace my Windows
>> >98SE
>> > and 2000 machines. O\S installs fine and apply all windows updates.
>> >
>> > I get error when I try to install Office 2003 Professional, SBE and
>> > Standard
>> > at Service Pack 1 and 2 level.
>> >
>> > Error 1911. Setup cannot register type library for the file
>> > c:\windows\system32\ven2232.olb
>> > This file is a Visual Basic Applicaiotns Object Library.
>> >
>> > Looked up in Technet and not much on this
>> > --
>> > Christopher Sorel
>>
>> have you installed the visual basic runtime files ?
>>
>> http://snipurl.com/dmh9

this might help ...follow the steps but use c:\windows\system32\ven2232.olb

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299608

From: chrishabs on
Should have mentioned that I tried that approach by renaming the file and
then removing it all together. Same thing and why I decided to post here.
--
Christopher Sorel