From: bearxp on
Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to install on my desktop. The installer is
looking for the CD which of course I do not have. I tried the various MS
support center solutions including disabling the installer via Services.
This did not work. I tried to roll back windows to the last known date
before I had the problem. This did not work either. I tried the next step
which was to install Installer Cleanup Utility. When trying to run the
installation I can't install msicuu2.exe because I get "Error 1500. Another
installation is in progress".

No other installation is in progress, I have re-booted n times, I have swept
for
viruses and spyware, I have followed the tips in the MS kb for manually
removing
particular keys.

I do not have a registry key at
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\InProgress.

Where do I go from here? Can you uninstall windows installer and will that
solve the problem? HELP!!!

From: Peter Foldes on
Use the Installer Clean Up Utility in Safe mode

--
Peter

From: Jose on
On Feb 25, 11:00 am, bearxp <bea...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to install on my desktop.  The installer is
> looking for the CD which of course I do not have.  I tried the various MS
> support center solutions including disabling the installer via Services.
> This did not work.  I tried to roll back windows to the last known date
> before I had the problem.  This did not work either.  I tried the next step
> which was to install Installer Cleanup Utility.  When trying to run the
> installation I can't install msicuu2.exe because I get "Error 1500. Another
> installation is in progress".
>
> No other installation is in progress, I have re-booted n times, I have swept
> for
> viruses and spyware, I have followed the tips in the MS kb for manually
> removing
> particular keys.
>
> I do not have a registry key at
> HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\InProgress.
>
> Where do I go from here?  Can you uninstall windows installer and will that
> solve the problem?  HELP!!!

Did the Roxio software ever get installed or are you trying to install
it now? Is it the Roxio Mobile Media Manager?

If you downloaded this software, where did you get it (post a link)
and I will try it too and maybe see your issue.

I would just uninstall the Roxio and start all over again, but somehow
you have to get the installer it to keep quiet so you can go to Add/
Remove Programs and uninstall it and start over. If it is not there
to remove, find the installation folder and delete it, reboot, make
sure msiexec is not running and start the installation again.

Usually when an installation goes haywire you will see some kind on
installation in progress message and there is a leftover msiexec.exe
running somewhere in Task Manager that needs to be stopped - do you
see that?

Look in Task Manager for the Windows Installer process called
msiexec.exe and end the process. Make sure it stays ended. You
cannot have two installs running simultaneously which could be why
your WICU will not install (although I cannot recreate that problem).
You need to kill any msiexec.exe from Task Manger and when it is not
running then work on fixing your other stuff.

Use the WICU in Safe Mode? I don't know what that means. Do you
install it in Safe Mode? If you get it installed and launch it in
Safe Mode, what do you do next? Maybe you locate the Roxio
installation and Remove it?

I think the problem is the likely running msiexec.exe is confusing
your installation processes. If I can recreate it, I can tell you how
to fix it.

Verify your WIndows installer utility by getting to a command prompt
and entering:

msiexec /?

My version is: V 3.01.4001.5512