From: cjmUK on

Thanks for all the responses.

I've spoken to my colleague and basically ushered him away from VB6. We have
certain systems we interact with that are vb6-era technology, but this is
not one of those cases. So the only reason to stick with VB6 is because
these guys are familiar with it - which in this scenario is not a good
enough excuse.

We have enough copies of VS2008, so .NET is clearly the way to go - so
either they will have to commission me to do the work or they will have to
modernise their skill-set.

Thanks

Chris

From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
And all you have to do is build an Embedded Linux OS for your Pocket PC 2003
and get it loaded, before you even write your application. No problem!

Paul T.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
cjmUK was thinking very hard :
> So the only reason to stick with VB6 is because [the programmers] are
> familiar with it - which in this scenario is not a good enough excuse.

LOL!

> We have enough copies of VS2008, so .NET is clearly the way to go - so either
> they will have to commission me to do the work or they will have to modernise
> their skill-set.

Spoken like a true consultant...

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]