From: cjmUK on
A colleague is wanting to look into developing applications to to run on
some Windows Mobile 2003 devices that we have. This is virgin territory for
us, so I'm trying to find out what tools are available to us.

I was told to look for Windows CE Toolkit for VB6; it did exist at one point
but I certainly can't find it in MSDN anywhere - though there is the
corresponding Windows CE Toolkit for C++.

Does the VB6 Toolkit still exists (under MSDN?) and if not, what other tools
would we need to get started in VB6?

There are a number of reasons to be looking at VB6, but if we were to
modernise, what would the .NET equivalent be? The Mobile Application
Development Tookit? The Windows Mobile 2004 Platform SDK?

Basically, can somebody point us in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris

From: Henning on

"cjmUK" <cjmuk70(a)newsgroup.nospam> skrev i meddelandet
>A colleague is wanting to look into developing applications to to run on
>some Windows Mobile 2003 devices that we have. This is virgin territory for
>us, so I'm trying to find out what tools are available to us.
>
> I was told to look for Windows CE Toolkit for VB6; it did exist at one
> point but I certainly can't find it in MSDN anywhere - though there is the
> corresponding Windows CE Toolkit for C++.
>
> Does the VB6 Toolkit still exists (under MSDN?) and if not, what other
> tools would we need to get started in VB6?
>
> There are a number of reasons to be looking at VB6, but if we were to
> modernise, what would the .NET equivalent be? The Mobile Application
> Development Tookit? The Windows Mobile 2004 Platform SDK?
>
> Basically, can somebody point us in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=81460842-47cc-4ff2-9a19-4db96e212d32

/Henning

From: Ginny Caughey on
Chris,

The modern tool for mobile development in VB would be Visual Studio and
VB.NET.

--

Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

From: cjmUK on

"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote in message

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=81460842-47cc-4ff2-9a19-4db96e212d32

Henning,

Thanks, but I'd already discovered this - it's a simple, single-form example
of how to use the toolkit - not the toolkit itself. Not having VB6 on this
machine any more I can't say more, but it clearly isn't the 'document' that
it purports to be.

Chris

From: cjmUK on

"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> wrote in message
> Chris,
>
> The modern tool for mobile development in VB would be Visual Studio and
> VB.NET.

I don't see any project templates in VS2008 - surely there is an additional
toolkit/SDK to add mobile device support?

CJM