From: Peter D. J�rgensen on

"RedFox" <redfox_net(a)ukr.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Do you know the cost of 1 user for Dynamics Mobile? - It is 495 Euro.

It is expensive, compared to ADCS users.
But it is cheap, compared to full NAV users.

It all depends what you compare with.

> Do you know warehouse functionality ready for implementation for Mobile? -
> No!

I'm quite sure that several ISVs are working on being able to release it as
an add-on and MS might even include it in a future NAV version.
I guess we can agree that it is possible to make it? :-)

> Do you know the End-User terminals (warehouse terminals) for this? - Only
> several prototype with high cost.

MS often makes demos using the Symbol/Motorola MC75.
Which functionality are you missing from this device?

> Do you need another facts?

I was just trying to understand why you considered the mobile framework as a
bad choice for developing a solution for warehouse employees.
I still haven't understood your argument. (Besides that you consider it
expensive, but I guess you only compare it to ADCS.)

/Peter

From: RedFox on
Dear Peter D. Jørgensen

> "RedFox" <redfox_net(a)ukr.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Do you know the cost of 1 user for Dynamics Mobile? - It is 495 Euro.
>
> It is expensive, compared to ADCS users.
> But it is cheap, compared to full NAV users.
> It all depends what you compare with.

It was wrote before - "module that will do pick/putaway/movement using WM
instead of ADCS?"

> > Do you know warehouse functionality ready for implementation for Mobile? -
> > No!
>
> I'm quite sure that several ISVs are working on being able to release it as
> an add-on and MS might even include it in a future NAV version.
> I guess we can agree that it is possible to make it? :-)

It is possible, but not right now. It will easy in next couple of years, but
not now!
Another one cost-sense - the VT100 protocol works on several models and
platforms and Mobile at the Windows only. How much cost the Windows mobile?

> > Do you know the End-User terminals (warehouse terminals) for this? - Only
> > several prototype with high cost.
>
> MS often makes demos using the Symbol/Motorola MC75.
> Which functionality are you missing from this device?

What is cost of these device (antistrike version for warehouse)?

> > Do you need another facts?
>
> I was just trying to understand why you considered the mobile framework as a
> bad choice for developing a solution for warehouse employees.

I have written - it is not bad choice for develop! It is not cost effective
way to do this NOW for WAREHOUSE. Do you know another one for warehouse
solution for NAV?

> I still haven't understood your argument. (Besides that you consider it
> expensive, but I guess you only compare it to ADCS.)

I always use the cost-effectiveness fucntion and if you want you may
calculate the vaue for both versions ;-)

P.S. See the first question: "With the new Windows Mobile Development
platform, has anybody seen or heard of a module that will do
pick/putaway/movement using WM instead of ADCS?"