From: Allan Phillips on
No. I actually used the "Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK".

I've now removed the 5.0 SDK and tried to install "Pocket PC 2003 SDK".
However, it does not seem to install along with VS2005. It seems to insist
on VS2003 (.NET).

Is there a way to get "Pocket PC 2003 SDK" to install into VS2005?

Thanks, Allan.

From: Christopher Fairbairn [MVP] on
Hi,

> Is there a way to get "Pocket PC 2003 SDK" to install into VS2005?

The Pocket PC 2003 SDK should be installed out of the box when the Smart
Device Support option is selected.

When you use the new project wizard to create a new Smart Device project you
should see that Pocket PC 2003 is selected as the default target platform
and one of the steps allows you to select other target platforms.

This is the easiest way to ensure your application is compiling against the
correct version of the header files and libraries etc.

Alternativly you can have a go at providing the linker a commandline
argument such as /subsystem:"WINDOWSCE,4.20"

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn