From: ToddAndMargo on
Hi All,

Windows Server 2003 SP2 Terminal Server.

Google is not my friend on this one. I am totally
stumped. I downloaded X11-04295.iso from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=848306ef-f57e-4b3f-984d-50e9bca44383

And, installed from the setup/x86 directory. The setup
said I was installing both the server and the client.
I rebooted my machine.

When I fire up the Windows System Resource Manager, it tells
me I am not connected. When I go to connect to this computer,
I get told:

Windows System Resource Manager service is not available on
the specified machine.

I have look through my Services and can not find anything
even remotely sounding like a WSRM service.

Where is my WSRM service? Is it a separate download?
What is going on? Heeeeelp! If I don't get the excessive
CPU usage tamed, the users are going to kill me! (Maybe not
"kill", just yell a lot.)

Many thanks,
-T
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 04/14/2010 09:33 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> And, installed from the setup/x86 directory. The setup
> said I was installing both the server and the client.

On closer examination, the installer drop down for
client and server, only drops down the client.

Where is the server portion? Do I have the wrong version
of WSRM?

-T
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 04/14/2010 09:44 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 04/14/2010 09:33 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>
>> And, installed from the setup/x86 directory. The setup
>> said I was installing both the server and the client.
>
> On closer examination, the installer drop down for
> client and server, only drops down the client.
>
> Where is the server portion? Do I have the wrong version
> of WSRM?
>
> -T

This is very urgent. I hate to be melodramatic. I am
in a bit of trouble here, users with pitch forks and touches
and all.

From http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb405952.aspx
it states that

Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM), updated for Service Pack 1, is
available for use with the following versions of Windows Server 2003:

* Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
* Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
* Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
* Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition

Since I only have regular server 2003, I presume that is
why I can not install the "server" portion.

That being, is there a way around this? How can I
limit how much of a CPU core a user can eat up?