From: Rob on
I run Windows XP Svc Pak 3. Clicking Ctl/Alt/Del pulls up Task Manager, but
no applications are shown on the applications tab. How is this fixed?

From: Bob on
No programs appear in Task Manager

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837900

From: Greg Russell on
"Bob" <bob(a)nowhere.net> wrote in message

> No programs appear in Task Manager
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837900

"You must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix."

Yeah, that's a real "hotfix", isn't it?

From: sgopus on
What applications are running when you bring up the task manager?

From: Mike S on
On 6/7/2010 7:38 PM, Rob wrote:
> I run Windows XP Svc Pak 3. Clicking Ctl/Alt/Del pulls up Task Manager, but
> no applications are shown on the applications tab. How is this fixed?

That happened to me once, toggling the "Show Updates" checkbox a couple
of times fixed it.