From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Well, you might uninstall McAfee Security Center, then download/run the
McAfee removal tool
(http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe),
reboot and then reinstall McAfee Security Center...

But I suspect that you may be seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via...

Consumer Security Support home page

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
• http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
• http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
• http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
• http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: CptButtBeard on
Oh well. I am seriously disappointed with Windows. This problem will go
unsolved probably for the life of this computer, which is just until I can
get my Macbook Pro. Thanks for the help!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
*You* got the machine infected, d00d! Chances are you'll get your Macbook
infected, too. (No, Macs are NOT immune to such infections!)