From: Dave R on
I have removed Norton via uninstall and used the Norton removal tool. No
change in symptoms.
--
Dave R

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>

Dave R wrote:
> I have removed Norton via uninstall and used the Norton removal tool. No
> change in symptoms.

What AV software did you replace it with?
Did you enable your Windows Firewall after the removal of NIS?

Now see this:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/eb0e39f8-268a-4fdb-8358-a1d0f705f593

Suggest you do what PA suggests...

As PA says, "WindowsUpdate_80070652 = ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING
ErrorClientUpdateInProgress; The program to be upgraded may be missing or
the patch may upgrade a different version of the program"

Start the support incident.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Shenan Stanley on
Dave R wrote:
> Because at least 2 other guys insisted that Norton was the cause.
> However, I performed the manual download as you suggested and it
> worked.

The underlying issue may still be there and/or have been caused by Norton
Internet Security.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP