From: Dave R on
I've tried to install this automatically and manually 8 times with no
success. Anybody know what's going on?
--
Dave R
From: Dave R on
I should add that I'm on Windows 7 and have Norton Internet Security firewall.
--
Dave R

From: C on
Dave R wrote:
> I should add that I'm on Windows 7 and have Norton Internet Security firewall.

No wonder. Disable Norton *everything*, enable the Windows firewall and
try again.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Dave R wrote:
> I've tried to install this automatically and manually 8 times with
> no success. Anybody know what's going on?
>
> I should add that I'm on Windows 7 and have Norton Internet
> Security firewall.

Uninstall Norton.
Reboot.
Use the Norton Removal Tool.
Reboot.
Ensure the Windows Firewall is enabled and with as few exceptions (if any)
as you can have.
Get a different AntiVirus software installed (Avira AntiVir for free or eSet
NOD32 AntiVirus only for $$.)
Try your updates again.

If it doesn't work - come back - there may be some other things you can try.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Dave R on
I have disabled Norton and no change in symptoms.
--
Dave R