From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
================
How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

your usual support contacts.
==================

From: churin on
I contacted MS via a chat session and after exchanging a couple of
question he switched to so called "Easy Assist" session. After he spent
about an hour attempting to install the KB in question, he initiated
downloading SP3 and said try installing the KB after SP3 is installed
and the Easy Assist session was terminated. I tried installing the KB
as suggested and it installed successfully. The description of the KB
indicates that SP2 is required but not SP3, but anyway the problem is
solved.
Thank you very much for your help.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
YW & thanks for your feedback.

> ...The description of the KB indicates that SP2 is required but not SP3

<QP>
APPLIES TO
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, when used with:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
</QP>
--