From: churin on
I tried many times but Windows Update never succeeds installing
KB946648. The OS is Windows XP HE SP2. Is there a way to install this
security update?
From: Kelly on
Some users claim that this is due to McAfee software. If this is the case
see support: http://www.mcafee.com/us/

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the section "How to obtain help and support for this security update"
here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946648
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: churin on
Thanks for your response.
No, McAfee is not installed.

From: churin on
Thanks for your response.
I downloaded without using Windows Update, and attempted to install it
but got the following error message:

KB946648 Setup Error:
Required installation branch was not found in INF file.

Any further suggestion would be appreciated.