From: tkchan on
Hi,

I have a Dell desktop running Vista Professional 32bit (all latest patched
before last night's update has been installed) and been stuck at the
'installing update 8 of 12' for over 2 hr now. This machine has a Raid 0
(software raid using Intel's software).

Anyone else having any issue?

I have already update 3 other notebook running Vista Premium (32bits) and 1
other notebook using Vista Business and none of these have any issue at all.

Thanks for any help.
From: tkchan on
Sorry the machine is running Vista Business (32bit) and not Professional.
Sorry about any confusion.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010!
Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from
Windows Update" until SP1 has been installed (which will require several
Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.

• What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 has been
extended a third time & now runs through 10 August 2010. Some issues may
require more advanced support for which there is a charge.

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• Other:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&c1=509 |
select your Windows Vista version | select Service Pack 1 & the appropriate
Sub-topic (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue; Issues after you
install a service pack).

tkchan wrote:
> Sorry the machine is running Vista Business (32bit) and not Professional.
> Sorry about any confusion.
>
> "tkchan" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Dell desktop running Vista Professional 32bit (all latest
>> patched
>> before last night's update has been installed) and been stuck at the
>> 'installing update 8 of 12' for over 2 hr now. This machine has a Raid 0
>> (software raid using Intel's software).
>>
>> Anyone else having any issue?
>>
>> I have already update 3 other notebook running Vista Premium (32bits) and
>> 1
>> other notebook using Vista Business and none of these have any issue at
>> all.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

Pages: 1
Prev: XP Home went Professional