From: Vic on
This previous *thread hasn't been updated for almost three years, yet I now
have a problem accessing Windows firewall with 'error 1068' popping up
stating that Windows Firewall/ICS service can't be started. In Services,
Windows Management Instrumentation status is blank and startup type is
automatic. Windows Firewall/ICS status is also blank and startup type is
automatic and neither can be changed.

The command prompt 'cmd /k sc qc sharedaccess' is as displayed:

[SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: sharedaccess
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
(ICS)

DEPENDENCIES : Netman
: WinMgmt
SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

I'm not sure what to do from here, but hope this helps anyone who has an
answer.

Thanks!!!

--
Vic
From: Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP on
Make sure that "Network Connections" and "Windows Management
Instrumentation" Services are started/running. If not, tell us what happens
when starting those two services. Any error messages?

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
Supporting Windows� 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com