From: JeremyH1982 on
On Friday i had finished setting up a computer w/ windows XP Pro; I had set
it up on the network and everything. I come in on Monday and It got as far as
the log-in screen, where you are to press ctl alt + del to get started. I did
that and the computer restarted. So far i think it may be a faulty driver or
something, cuz i am trying to reinstall windows, because i don' tknow of
anything else to do. I can't do that because everytime i put the cd in and
reboot it, tels me to press any key, i do, then the setup windows pops up,
and you can press enter to run setup or R for repaid or something else.i
press enter and i get the blue screen of death, i forgot to write down teh
error message. But no matter what i tryi am alwas having to restart that
computer before it starts up completely. If it isn't me restarting it, it
will restart itself.
Can anybody help me with this problem?
From: El Diablo <El on
Hi,

Can you try booting into Safe Mode,
When the PC starts, continously tap the F8 key, select safe mode from the
list and press enter, you will have to hit enter again to select your
operating system.

If you can get into Windows

Boot from the CD at the first screen press R to get into recovery console
Enter your Admin password and hit enter
at the prompt type:
c:\chkdsk /r if this fails c:\chkdsk /f

Allow the scan to complete, type exit and press enter, allow windows to
startup.

If if does not startup we willl have to try replacing the system hive.
Blue screen of death could point to hardware or hardware drivers.

to replace the system hive:

1. Start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.

2. At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press R to repair a Windows XP
installation by using the Recovery Console.

3. Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you
want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type "1" (without the
quotation marks), and then press Enter.

4. When you are prompted for a password, type the local Administrator
password, and then press ENTER. (If you are not prompted for a password, skip
to the next step.)

5. Type "cd system32" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER.

6. Type "cd config" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER.

The command prompt will be similar to the following (where <Windows> is
the folder in which Windows is installed):

C:\<Windows>\System32\Config>

7. Type "rename system system.old" (without the quotation marks), and then
press ENTER.

8. Type "copy c:\windows\repair\system" (without the quotation marks), and
then press ENTER.

You receive the following message:

1 file(s) copied.

9. Type "exit" (without the quotation marks) to quit the Recovery Console,
and then start Windows as usual.

From: JeremyH1982 on
it gives me the option to boot in safe mode. But when i do, it loads up the
drivers and whatnot, and when it gets to MUP.sys it restarts. No matter what
option i choose, it restarts, i can't get into Dos Prompt to copy anything,
or format, or check the disk drive.
From: El Diablo on
Hi

The mup.sys is you drivers file,

Were you able to go through the steps to replace the system hive?
Were you boot into recovery console,

To get into recovery console,
Put you windows XP cd in the drive, restart the PC press any key to boot
from the CD.

It should give you a blue screen with a blue screen and a white bar at the
bottom
Select r to get into recovery console
and then complete the steps i gave you previously

From: JeremyH1982 on
No, no matter what option i take, if i don't have a cd in the cd-rom, it give
me 4 options, Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ CD rom, Safe
Mode w/ Command Prompt. If i have a cd in the cd rom: Boot from cd, yes; then
it shows the windows setup window where you can press enter to continue setup
or you can press r for the recovery console, or you can press F3 to quit. No
matter what option i choose, i get a blue screen that locks the computer, and
i have to restart it, then i am back at the beginning.
The Blue Screen Message:
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Disable or uninstall any antivirus, disk defragmentation or backup
utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated
drivers. Run /CHKDSK /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart
your computer.

Tech Info:
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0xF9EAC510, 0xF9EAC814, 0xF9EAC510, 0xF962A1FC)

***ntfs.sys - Address F962A1FC base at F961D00, DateStamp 41107eea

What can i do, i can't start in dos prompt, i can't start it at all.

"El Diablo" wrote:

> Hi
>
> The mup.sys is you drivers file,
>
> Were you able to go through the steps to replace the system hive?
> Were you boot into recovery console,
>
> To get into recovery console,
> Put you windows XP cd in the drive, restart the PC press any key to boot
> from the CD.
>
> It should give you a blue screen with a blue screen and a white bar at the
> bottom
> Select r to get into recovery console
> and then complete the steps i gave you previously
>
> "JeremyH1982" wrote:
>
> > it gives me the option to boot in safe mode. But when i do, it loads up the
> > drivers and whatnot, and when it gets to MUP.sys it restarts. No matter what
> > option i choose, it restarts, i can't get into Dos Prompt to copy anything,
> > or format, or check the disk drive.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Error in module rtl170.bpl