Prev: Passwords
Next: lost login
From: Schneider, Christian on
Hi,

I have following problem.

When the user logs into his PC (on the domain) it works fine. He can enter
his password and then work. But when he locks his computer and wants to enter
it again by hitting ctrl alt del the system does not let him in. It tells him
that the password is wrong.

he needs to reboot and then he can log in again fine.

can anybody help?

I already updated group policys, removed and added the pc back to the domain.
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?U2NobmVpZGVyLCBDaHJpc3RpYW4=?=
<SchneiderChristian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have following problem.
>
> When the user logs into his PC (on the domain) it works fine. He
> can enter his password and then work. But when he locks his
> computer and wants to enter it again by hitting ctrl alt del the
> system does not let him in. It tells him that the password is
> wrong.
>
> he needs to reboot and then he can log in again fine.
>
> can anybody help?
>
> I already updated group policys, removed and added the pc back to
> the domain.

When he hits Ctrl-Alt-Del, hit the "Options" button to make sure the
"Log on to:" box contains your Domain name and not the local computer
name.

HTH,
John
From: JosephKK on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 02:45:01 -0800, Schneider, Christian <SchneiderChristian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have following problem.
>
>When the user logs into his PC (on the domain) it works fine. He can enter
>his password and then work. But when he locks his computer and wants to enter
>it again by hitting ctrl alt del the system does not let him in. It tells him
>that the password is wrong.
>
>he needs to reboot and then he can log in again fine.
>
>can anybody help?
>
>I already updated group policys, removed and added the pc back to the domain.

There is also a setting to synchronize the local machine password to the domain
supported password. Is that selected? (It may be user accessible at password
change time.)
From: lck on
I have the same problem on two XP Pro SP3 machines that are not on a domain.
Occasionally, after the screensaver comes on, entering the password does not
allow me back in. I also notice that if I try to type the userna in again it
appears to be scrambled (random, letters numbers and special characters).
The only resolution is to reboot.

From: JosephKK on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 09:31:09 -0700, "JosephKK"<quiettechblue(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 02:45:01 -0800, Schneider, Christian <SchneiderChristian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have following problem.
>>
>>When the user logs into his PC (on the domain) it works fine. He can enter
>>his password and then work. But when he locks his computer and wants to enter
>>it again by hitting ctrl alt del the system does not let him in. It tells him
>>that the password is wrong.
>>
>>he needs to reboot and then he can log in again fine.
>>
>>can anybody help?
>>
>>I already updated group policys, removed and added the pc back to the domain.
>
>There is also a setting to synchronize the local machine password to the domain
>supported password. Is that selected? (It may be user accessible at password
>change time.)

I just saw another one recently. In the (post lock) login screen, open
the advanced dialog and verify that the correct domain is being
addressed.

Pages: 1
Prev: Passwords
Next: lost login