From: kraut on

Am running

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
following updates available:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
Windows XP x86 (KB982168)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
(KB979909)

I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
the 2 above.

I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
group please.

TIA
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Asked/Answered in WinXP General.

[Patience is a virtue.]

From: kraut on

Thanks much

From: Dave on
Useless answer without a link.

How about posting a link to where the problem was actually solved rather
than making folks search for it?

Have the same problem in Windows Server 20093 on two machines.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Who cares?

How about beginning your own thread about /your/ "Windows Server 20093"
computers & problems?