From: Bill Davy on
Running XP and Office 2007.

Because of some problem installing Office, whenever my PC restarts, Word
comes up in a nobbled state (cut/past and save disabled). Because update
has restarted my PC overnight, I end up losing anything I have done in Word
that I have not manually saved.

I've looked in the registry for NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers and it's not
there.

I cannot see how to prevent this automatic reboot.

Any help appreciated.

Bill

PS Fixing the problem that Office wants to reconfigure after a reboot would
also solve this problem.

From: Bickford Schmeckler on
What is your Windows Update question?

"Bill Davy" <Bill(a)SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message
: Running XP and Office 2007.
:

From: Bill Davy on
How to inhibit auto-reboot?

XP Pro 2002 SP3

From: Bickford Schmeckler on
That has nothing to do with Windows Update issues.

"Bill Davy" <Bill(a)SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message
: How to inhibit auto-reboot?
:
: XP Pro 2002 SP3
:
: "Bickford Schmeckler" <Bickford(a)Schmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
: news:huqm89$lmi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
: > What is your Windows Update question?
: >
: > "Bill Davy" <Bill(a)SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message
: > news:87bktpFob7U1(a)mid.individual.net...
: > : Running XP and Office 2007.
: > :

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
� Microsoft Update Product Team Blog: Windows Update and Automatic
Reboots
http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2008/10/02/windows-update-and-automatic-reboots.aspx

� How to configure and use Automatic Updates in WinXP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

Select the Notify Only setting and no updates will download or install
without your explicit Approval. End of problem.